Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rambles...

Location: bro's desk, Ipoh.

Wow, it’s January now and soon it’ll be Feb 25, the day school starts.Yes, I do refer my uni as school. It’s weird to put ‘uni’ into the context…


Anyways, I’ll be talking Jrn 1902, Int 2040, Prl 2003 and Enh 2407… I spent the last year searching and finally come to a conclusion, to major in both Communication and International Studies. Communication because it’s the whole point of me taking this course right? International studies solely because I find it really interesting and this sem we’ll be taking a closer look at globalization and its discontents, in other words, an extension from our 2nd sem. I’ll have to go to classes to get a deeper understanding on what this Int 2040 has in stall for me. As for Authorship and Writing, it seems like I don’t have much choices because I’ll have to choose between the political thing and this, naturally, this looked like a wiser path to follow. Other than that, I signed up for journalism class because there’s this (what may seem to be) a really cool class called Radio and TV Journalism where the major assignment is to be a DJ host for an hour. The students will be given marks based on some listed criteria…


Oh Yea, did I mentioned that I screamed in excitement to know that Dr Jaga's gona be teaching PRL 2003?


I keep reminding myself WHY I didn’t seize the opportunity my parents gave me to study oversea since sem 2. As for this year, I plan to live up to my words and take a shot (again) at the various bodies that I’m interested in uni. It’s very unlike me to be this inactive for 2 years and counting. But that will mean that I’ll have to get more involved in school and juggling responsibilities is not exactly my strength.

Plus, this year I’m finally splitting paths with 2 of my besties, Sher Yen and Nicole coz I’ll only see them in one our of the 4 lectures. They have been there for me since the beginning of my uni life. With them, things happen, and because of that, we’ll have some really memorable moments to look back on one day. In this coming sem, I won’t be seeing them as much as I did in the past years and this scares me. Really. I hate the thought of starting all over again… All in all, I know that it’ll be dull in class without Yen’s giggles and Nicole’s laughter.


Another thing to worry about is my weight. Like seriously. If you were my friend since my secondary school days, you’ll be able to witness drastic transformation from a dark-skinned overweight ‘ugly darkling’ into a lean 55kg prefect in cool blue blazers with a matching straight tie. Then from that point on my weight was anything but consistently rising. I bet if the stock market’s progress was as stable as my weight; there’d be plenty of billionaires by now. In SS15, there were just too many temptations. And coz of my lack of self-persistency, I gave in to delicious and food pretty much available at anytime of the day… On top of that, since I discovered LimeWire and e-Mule, I stayed in MORE and became less active. The O.C., Grey’s Anatomy and Scrubs etc fitted comfortably in my daily schedule.


As for 2007, I can’t find an excuse to justify my increasing body weight. All I can do is blame the availability of fast food deliveries till 3am in Sunway area and the fact that I conveniently own a cell phone which has the deliveries on speed dial. Haha, exaggerated a little over there, the truth is no speed dial need coz I’ve already have the numbers by heart. Darn those really easy to memorize ads… Every time I hear JT’s I’m Loving It, I’ll think of those blardy delicious golden arches… At one point, I even suspect that McD.Inc purposely wrote this song for JT to brainwash people into eating McD’s food by encrypting some sorta secret messages into the tune. It’s all a big big plot to get everyone to eat Mickidees. If so, they should play it more frequently to supermodels like Kate Moss…


In the current place that I’m leaving in, there’s this really beautiful swimming pool and it’s kinda hard to whip up an excuse for myself to explain WHY didn’t I make full use of this convenient amenity. I used to love swimming so much but as I was getting older, I started to mind what people might make of my horrible, absolutely horrible figure. Just because of this rule saying that people must wear a swimming suit while swimming in the pool, those less curvaceous ladies and guys that are not ‘buffed’ shy away. At the end of the day, it’s still myself and those wonderful tv series to blame…


Lastly, I just want to point out that, in about a month’s time, I’m gona have to stroll down the same sidewalks, the same zebra-crossings, walking past the same buildings to arrive to the same gates leading me to the same class rooms, watching the same lecturers waving their wands, flapping their mouths but with no words while I repeat the same mindless motion of nodding my head with that blank, expressionless face, while inside my mind’s idle… But for now, I’m afraid of what the future 13 weeks of lessons hold for me. Again, being an impatient teens at the dawn of her 20s, I feel like the suspense in life can sometimes be suffocating.


Sometimes, I wanted to snatch that remote control from Adam Sandler in Click and fast forward my life so that I can see what has become of me in years to come…


Que Sara, Sara,

Whatever will be, will be…

No comments: