Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sucker for Epic Love Stories...

Location: my room, @home.

erm... i know it's a little late but...

HAPPY NEW YEAR~~~

lol... jz been slacking around and couldn't bring my lazy arse to write something meaningful to commemorate the memorable day that is the beginning of 2009.

For one, i think it's a cliche to be doing what everyone around the globe is doing at the same, but again, I'm breathing and wearing clothes... so much for individuality there.

So, I just watched the movie that everyone's buzzing about,The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, adaption from F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel by the same name.

Atleast E! entertainment is... =)

I'm lucky enough to acquire the longer version, that is the (close to) 3 hours version. I assume that the commercial version (the ones shown in cinemas) would come to around 2 or 2 and a half hours.

This movie, unlike many other adaptations, made me wanna read the book coz it's so nicely done though it was quite dull at the beginning of the story. I guess it was because the director was trying to introduce the character and MAKE you fall in love with the weird wrinkly older (and more innocent) version of Brad Pitt.

In short, I really enjoyed this movie and started tearing up during the last half an hour of the movie... Partly because I'm (deep, DEEP down...) a romantic and a sucker for epic love stories (like The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger)... they kinda serves as a reminder that true, out the the world EPIC love do exist... somewhere... somehow...

I'm not a conventional idealist but I do believe in miracles...

No comments: