Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chocolate in the Library!

Time: 5:32am
Location: How!5, Clayton.

Wesak Day Event in Fed Square.

lol, yea... like my life, my bedtime's pretty screwed up too.


I kinda realized that embarrassing things seem to happen when I hang out with my friends... seriously, I think I need to reconsider my choice of friends =p (and no, i'm pretty sure it's not me, it's them.. hehe)


Well, to be honest, these embarrassing incidents are what we'll look back and laugh at in years to come... So... er... thank you all for these 'memorable' incidents?

JY's Veg Nasi Goreng.

My A$8.00 oil-drenched Nasi Goreng and
A$3 so-called Teh Tarik.


So after eating the Sambal Kampung with Jing Yi, Cooper's friend... we headed over to Victoria State Library at around 4pm. I've been there quite a few times in the past months (partly coz I feel smarter everytime I walk through the automatic sliding glass doors) and it's safe to say that no one checked my bag, like ever, for food and drinks.

Apparently mineral water's not allowed too!

As I was planning to crash in JY's bro's place later that day, I had a box of assorted beverages, a bar of Lindt for JY (coz Chieh Ai scored an awesome deal of 12 X 125g Milk Choc Lindt for $9) I figure why not... since sharing is caring =p ... and a bottle of mineral water that I'll normally have with me wherever I go.

We (JY & I) were actually STOPPED by the guard and were asked to open our bags! NEVER before in my life that I was checked/suspected of carrying something I'm not supposed to... not even through Customs... wait... I think there was this one time that the cinema guard asked me and Sze Vien to open our bags at the entrance in Summit... other than that, NO.

I couldn't do anything else but opened my bag, revealing the choc bar and water bottle...

There's this lady guard was like showing her ***** face and told us off sternly... There's this other male security who was standing beside her quickly added,

"er, basically you can just put it in the locker, in the locker room coz we can't guarantee if you leave the chocolate with us here that she *pointing at the d*lan female guard* won't eat it all.. ha.. ha".

Lucky for him, if not we would have given her our deadly stare!!! While the whole time there were so many people passing us by, carrying bigger, fishier bags!

FINE. Being our (penny-wise) selves, ofcos we didn't spend an extra $2 to hire a small locker nor did we pay $3 for a big one. JY slid that choc in her notebook bag and I stuffed the water bottle under dmy clothes... Fortuitously for JY's smart thinking about stuffing the choc in her notebook bag instead of her handbag, when we tried to get in the 2nd time, she asked to check her bag too!! Like... wth...

Who would have thought... JY being so the smart =p

So, after we went in the library, we took quite some time to find a 2 empty tables... the problem was, we were short of 1 chair. We walked in and out and all about and finally,I found one... and it was with wheels! Which is both a good and bad thing.

Being really conscious to appear lady-like infront of so many people with their judging eyes, AND pushing the chair at the same time, was easier said than done. The wheels made so much noise that I repeatedly whispered 'sorry' for every step I take... Again, I didn't manage to escape the judgemental glances from their woeful eyes...

Judgemental glances...
Like this cocky bird.
Staring at me as if wanting to pick a fight.. lol.

10 minutes in while we were settling in to our desks, JY's pc died on her. Acer. lol. She took out the plug and tried to connect to her pc. There were 2 sockets on each desks. No luck there. Tried mine, can't work either.

Coincidentally there was this jolly looking security guard who was passing by... We asked if the electricity's on in the part of the room... guess what he said...

"owh, this section has been out of electricity for months now... all the other sockets along here and there are working fine..."


We followed the trail of his fingers and realised that the sockets everywhere in the library were working, just not the 3 rows of tables that we happened to be using.

Just our luck LOR!

Then JY went out to scout for empty spots... and FINALLY, I found two empty tables next to each other with working sockets and quiet (most importantly, indifferent) neighbour.

Perfect! Looking at the clock, it's already around 5pm.

So... after the library closed (at 6pm), we went our separate ways and live happily ever after... The End.

LoL... well, she went home to drop off some stuff and to grab a jacket while waiting for Ju Ju for dinner... for some reasons she's really shy and missed out on dinner with the gang.
Rebels in the library!!
(ok, this line sounded way cooler in my head)
our celebratory Lindt Milk Choc~

and yes, I drank my plain water tooo. 3 sips and 1 big thirst-quenching gulp. Take that lady security guard!!

Hope no one saw us camwhoring =p

It would have been great if my friends get to meet my friends. Well, not the same friends... I mean like.. other friends... meeting other friends... hmm... this is getting really confusing... well, you get what I mean... ishh....

1 comment:

Ignatius Lau said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHA.
YOUR RASA PRETTY PIC!!