Sunday, December 20, 2009

Be Prepared =)

Time: 5:43pm
Date: 20 Dec 2009
Location: moi room, Ipoh.

- SMJK Yuk Choy, Ipoh -

I went to this 72nd Kinta Scout Troop's gathering in Yuk Choy yesterday and it brought me back.. like... WAY back.

- CCC, aka Andrew now, and Yuan Han -

- Yuan Han and the crab in the bucket -

- Yuan Han's friend, Sammi, Andrew -

Yuan Han knew I'm bored out of my brains so she asked me to be on of the few designated photographers there for the event, which, I found was a little redundant as digital cameras are so afordable these days and practically everyone has a phone with atleast a VGA 640x480 pixels camera built in.

- Interesting Things #1 -
apparently we all spelt it wrongly all these while...

- Interesting Things #2 -
Though I'm a deactivated Guide, it really reminded me of the times we all spent together... Girl Guide WAS my world... many moons ago.
I still love it though, parts of it... parts where hierarchy and politics are impermissible. I left because I couldn't love all of it.
- Yuk Choy's School field -
- eyes on the prizes -

- banners -

Plus, it was great to meet so many old friends/rivals (coz these sorts of gatherings are where the Scouts and Guides come to battle... not to socialize/learn from each other through competitions) from Yuk Choy, Sam Tet and PGS, my alma mater ofcoz. Some of them I haven't met since I graduated from high school.. It's about TIME...

From the top Wai San, Wei Theng, Bobo,
-moi, Si Jie, Thong Thong, Nancy, Yin San, Wen Jing-

and yeaaaa, it's GREAT to see that Nancy --my exhigh schoolmate-- is going out with Jeffrey --my ex primary schoolmate-- =) LoL... I sOooOOOooOooo didn't see it coming.
Anyways, as much as I grumble about PGS being inadequate or lack thereof, I did learn a lot, growing up and out of there. Not exactly happy about all the choices I made, they were mine nonetheless... and am living with 'em now. Though it was a hard decision to make, dwelling on the 'what ifs' and 'what could've beens' will serve me no good...
- night view -
In short, it's great to reminisce about the good old times, great to be there to celebrate this event with them =)
- Once a Guide, Always a Guide...? -

No comments: