Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zoom zoom Zumba.



Owh, did I tell you about the time that I was in my first ever Zumba class?

Being a Zumba virgin myself, I was up for the challenge! I was half-hearted before... then when I was about to proceed to the Gym, I met Tran, my boss from Busy Bee. She was like, hey, let's go! don't think about it. I was telling her that it only cost $10 extra per moth for classes, she was like, COME ON already. 

lol. well, she is fit. so i was like.. sure. 

Then the horror started. ok, I exaggerated a tad there. The class wasn't bad. It's like a little hip hop and some salsa moves (from my recollection). all in all, I expect stiffness in the muscle the next day. But all's well! I felt relax... happy... AND THENN the horror started.

it struck my on Saturday evening. OWH THE HORROR! I felt chest pains like I've never felt before.I couldn't even lift my notebook bag without feeling like someone's cracked open my chest when I was doing these small normal task. I went through with the whole treasure hunt thing using QR code for Lit to figure out where his Crumpler bag was... that's a story for another day =)))

anyhoo, I was in PAIN! I don't know what to do with myself. Normally I would just sleep it off and the next day, it'll normally be fine and dainty. BUT NOOOO.. it was as bad the next day.

Sunday was supposed to be our pre-anniversary outing. he planned this fancy-schmancy dinner in Cumulus (that was yet to be revealed till Monday) thinking that we'll both be busy on Monday.

I was feeling better, with the chest cracking thing and stuff.. Keep thinking if this is how I would "go". then I turned to the oracle, Google. I kinda came to conclusion that it could be muscle inflammation that caused the hoo-ha.. just to be sure, went to the doctors on Monday and they kindly slotted me in with a 15 minutes wait.

weighing the pros and cons of possible death on one hand and more sleep on the other, possible death won by a nose. The doctor confirmed my suspicion and snickered at my predicament. 

she was like: "you did... what?"
I was like: "erm, Zumba.. Well, it could be because that I haven't been exercising for 2 weeks and was rotting away in the library since 10 in the morning on Friday.. and the pain persist till today, thought I would check it out with you"
she tried to hold back her chuckles: "yea, it'll probably go away... sorry, so what do you do in Zumba classes again?"
we did do like TONS of THIS.

I ended up doing a really embarrassingly slow version of the chest shake dance, in PAIN. 

That concludes the story of my first Zumba lesson. 
Moral of the story: Zumba can cause costochondritis.. if not done properly.

No comments: