Sunday, October 30, 2011

IELTS -speaking test

1.53pm * 30  Oct 2011 * Mathy

Woke up really early this morning for the test... Lit was really hard on the books the last couple of days and I kinda felt pressured to do that too. lol. What would i do without him.

his session was at 9.10am while mine's 10.30am. maybe it was run alphabetically.  anyway, the test went alright I think.

Section 1 was about television.. I tried not to be too informal but went down that road anyway. The examiner's name was Matt? Doug? fuzzy on the details already. told him I liked Sci-Fi. he asked about how much do i watch. I said too much. he chuckled.

Section 2 was about a day off from uni/work.
I kinda rambled on and on about the stuff I would do... laundry, haircut. I really don't know about this.. I'm afraid I might came off as a little boring? THEN, i tried to make it more interesting by saying that I would not mind going for a picnic in the Shrine of rememberance. OMGGG. who DOES that? I really ran out of topics. OMG OMG.

Section 3 was all about me redeeming myself.
lol, at least that's what I felt I had to do. He asked me about work and do i think that people today work more than they do in the past. I COULD have said something like yes because the standard of living is higher and people want more goods and services... BUT i went with it depends on the context of the discussion. eg. in Malaysia yes... chip in more than 40 hrs but australia... 9-5pm is a norm.

all in all... it wasn't too bad i guess... just rambled a lot. hope it worked =S

writing, reading and listening next week...

No comments: