Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Evan Baxter, The Employee of the Month.

Location: Multimedia PC, Library, Monash Uni (next time I’m just gona refer as MU), M’sia.

The stupid CNX, my internet connection is down again in my hostel… AGAIN. Uuurrrrgggh. Stupid. So I can’t pour my hearts out by taking advantage of technological advances in Malaysia. And I’m stupid enough to actually connect to Xsocam to check if the internet’s on. Haiz. Like I didn’t take IT classes for the whole 2006. Like I don’t know that the internal network is accessible even if I’m not connected to the Internet… haiz…

Anyways, I watched 2 movies. Haha, so like me. Employee of the month is the most/stupidest comedy even, technically. Like, they made all the little ridiculous features stupid. They totally put that pun theory into the film.

Like where Zack’s grandma ask him to plant the ‘seed’ before Zack’s date with Amy… He’s like ‘huh?’ only to realize that the grandma meant for Zack to plant the seeds of love.

Duh!

Ok, about Evan Almighty, boy I was disappointed. Maybe it’s just me that every time best things tend to go worse (like in most movies) the main character will go all berserk and like really crazy and all, I’ll see Jim Carey’s shadow, like he’s there all along.

I think the director has exaggerated it a little too much, or maybe it’s Baxter (Steve Carnell) who’s trying too hard to make it a sequence of Bruce Almighty.

Carey's facial expression, the way he talks, you know, the way he did his soundless act before he really reacts to everything, classic. But Steve's pushing it too hard I guess?

The next thing that I’m not satisfied with is the graphics used to shoot the boat when the dam breaks. The boat’s like so cartoon-ny. It’s the 21st century and to entertain 21st century people a little more effort is needed.


Atleast this pic's funny.

No comments: