Monday, August 13, 2007

Hunger + My Sunscreen

Location: B12.3A, Sunway, M'sia.

It’s 5 in the morning and I suddenly find myself drooling when thought of that packet of Kettles I gave bro on that faithful evening… I’m so hungry that I can eat a… Big Mac + chicken nuggets --- SET!

Omg! I took BioGreen this morning and haven’t been feeling well ever since. I can almost imagine mom saying “Dai sei la, always eat so much oily & fried stuff so now have to suffer when detoxifying”.

Yup, a Chinese proverb goes like this “Sickness goes into one’s body through month and trouble comes out of one’s month”. Literally it meant one got sick due to what he/she chose to eat and most of the time, one’s words spark trouble.

If you don’t understand after I’ve gone through so much to explain, just ask me la, or for fun, just bang your head against the wall a couple of times first.

So, what would a person do when she’s being shoved off by the most reliable food source that a girl has, when she’s really freaking hungry at 5 in the morning?

She blogs.

In case you think I’m smart and efficient, I’m fully aware of the assignments which are going to due this Thursday that my procrastination left undone. But mom, I’m just too hungry to think of assignments now.

Oh, a word to Uncle Leslie, I don’t have sore throat now!! =P

Anyways, since she claims that she’s the most influential (single) person who mould my being and preferences, it’s hard to do what McDonald’s hotline [1300-13-1300] did, I’m left with no other options but a admit that she just affects my a LITTLE.

Both of us in Shen Zhen a few years ago.

Well, in order for you to understand the (predicted) very very long standard 3 essay ahead on ‘My Mother’, you’ll have to know about my past…

*flip* *flip*


---------- THE PAST -----------
(In point form)

1) I was a spoilt brat.
2) I got everything I want. (got a nanny that provide to my every needs + wants)
3) I was spoilt.
4) Bro’s been with mom + dad since he came out of her womb and occasionally going to pre-school.
5) I went home at 5 (not fulltime in nanny’s house)
a. Still using milk bottle.
b. Extremely obese (like now la)
c. Cry a lot
d. Hate my parents
e. Hate bro coz I’m not the centre of attention

-----------============= FAST FORWARD
Thought:-
6) mom hear, not listen me
7) she only focuses on bro
8) I’m the black sheep.
9) At on point, thought she doesn’t care


---------- THE PRESENT -----------

Actually as I grow up (more intelligent, smart, beautiful, understanding, caring, etc *feel free to add in*) I got a wider prospective of things, I understand more than I did and regretted some stupid stuff I did back then. Mom’s still mom.

In a way, she’s supposed to tolerate, discipline and wait for me to grow up to understand some methods she used to solve issues in the past. Frankly, I don’t even want me to be my daughter. I mean if I got a daughter like me, I’d lock myself up in some dungeon in some kampong area and let myself lose only when I’m 21… reluctantly. –Duh-


Last week, mom, dad, bro + Auntie May Lee came down to take me out for dinner after their meeting in Lake Club. I know my family looks like a catalogue family when we’re with other people.

MOM + DAD, in Hong Kong few years back.

The charismatic couple who always discuss about matters, democratically where not only the man, the woman of the house have her say too; a handsome son who’s 5’10” who’s into basketball, presentable and smart; a blossoming daughter who’s still trying to grow up/ fit in, who’s really out-going and friendly…



The immediate TAN Family.

IMO, we always treat ourselves better when were with someone outside of the group.



Us in the Subway, HK.

I’m surprised mom remembered that I’m running out of sun defense/sun screen, which I told her about long long time ago. She offered to buy a swimming costume for me during Jusco day.


The Sun Defense
Call me conventional but I think a RM 99 swimming costume is OVERPRICED. Seriously, maybe I’ve not been shopping in the swimming suit department lately but I was shocked by how much these things cost! Seriously, I’d rather spend RM 200 buying Dior J’adore perfume than a swimming suit.

That Swimming Costume
(After much thought, I found out that I’m just pretty much being touched by the sun defense lotion she bought me. It’s not like everyday someone just gave you some forgotten wishes that you wished. I’m not quite making sense now due to my hunger.)

Yes, I can say it without a stitch of doubt, I do love my mom. No, I didn’t just wrote this because I know one day my mom/someone from my family will read this and forward the url to my mom, I did it because I want to.

I Know it's Corny but, Us, Mother& Daughter. ShenZhen. (When we were slimmer...)

My stomach begged to differ. She voiced out not because I’m on my series of unsuccessful diet, now, just plain hungry.


Mr. can I have some more please?