Thursday, August 30, 2007

My First Drug Experience

Location: B12.3A.

Samuel gave me his blog again yesterday. Used to think he’s less of a stable person but his blog prove me wrong. Critiquing on the theory of Free World that our World Police so enthusiastically pushed and as a result created this imagined community of free press. ok, maybe free press has nothing to do with a free world or an un-free world encouraged the born of free press, anyway, he presented this issue delicately by highlighting some brave soldiers of free press being suppressed by their very ‘democratic’ government. So, this is his blog lar… duh. http://stevevai23.blogspot.com/


So, I just wanna say, I’m in drugs!

Haha, got this goiter problem I mentioned before right? Mom and dad doesn’t encourage or maybe more convenient for me to go to SMC (Sunway Medical Center) for the check ups. I totally warned them about the overly charged consultation fee and totally over priced medicines.


My roommate Cynthia had this really bad throat infection back then and went to SMC to see an ENT doctor.

Now I finally know why the majority of the doctors are so freaking rich. Those who works in government hospital usually moonlights a their own clinic earning a whole truck of side income; those in the private hospital STILL earning a whole lota gees coz they KNOW the people who afford to go to private hospital are more or less financial sustainable WHILE they moonlight in their own clinics also.


You know why I feel so strongly about this? Goiter is actually a normal/common procedure. You know how much he charged?

  1. Consultation fee: RM 60
  2. Procedure: RM 60
  3. Medicine/ drugs: RM 48+

I doubt Ipoh’s rate will not be that high. Oh, the procedure thing is where the camera cable thing to show the insides of me. Very House. But not even until’s in my THROAT!

So uncool. I was actually excited and scared but excited about surgery. My First Surgery. But that doc, Dr Keok or something insisted that I take meds for a long period of time to see if the infection inside me subsides. Again, so uncool.


Well, I have to take 3 of the white ones and 1 of the pink ones 2 times a day. The way he constructed his sentences were funny. Being the polite and naïve me (it’s my blog, I get to describe myself with any words I like, =P) I asked “will these meds make me fat?”


I feel the ‘Duh~’ in his expression but quickly covered it with “Oh, No. Since you have this hyper Thyroid, the problem with you is your metabolisms really high and you ended up being hungry all the time. So, this med is to lower your metabolism and you’ll feel less hungry”.

All I heard was “Coz you still eat so much when you’re having hyper thyroid and when you’re still eating this much under medication, you’ll totally be really fat”

And my fat cells in my body heard “You’ll be fatter!!”

ANYWAYS, the drugs are totally un effective as in will not affect my body. I won’t feel drowsy, talk like drunkards, sleepy and NOTHING! I thought the whole purpose of having drugs is to have that effect? To feel high and shit.

Haiz… I think I’ll grow up to be SM. I like the feeling when needle poked into my skin into my veins for blood test, I liked it when the tube’s stuck from my nostrils into somewhere near my throat to see if I have throat infection (if you don’t already know, it’s actually how the ancient Egyptians take the heart of a deceased and preserve it in a clay pot outside of the body, I suddenly felt Egyptian, and ancient ones too) but I hate neck, back and muscle pain. WTH?!


Oh, did I mention that I was totally obsessed with ancient Egyptians’ legend, like the boy king Tut and Vampires humanized by authors. Fun. My Dear Alisa Perne (aka Sita) and Lestat. Somehow the cannibalism issue reminds me of Dr Hannibal Lector. He’s old but magnetic, like House. HAHAHHAHA… I totally agree with Cameron.

Chase: “But he’s… OLD”

Cameron: “...But you’re Young.”


Haha. I actually remember some lines from the whole series. *applause* ~~

No comments: