Friday, August 3, 2007

Ramble Ramble...

Location: B12.3A


Yup, another day without classes.

Can't sleep last night so I watched 'Love Complex' a Japanese movie. It’s a typical chick flick with a rather cute male lead and a VERY Jap Japanese gal. the guy's short, the gal's tall, used to fight, yida yada, fellin love at the end of the day. As boring as it sounds, I actually laughed and cried and laugh while crying. Haiz!! The waterworks in me..

After a dip in the morning coz my voice's waking my roommate, Cynthia.

Then while chucking down a packet of Kettles, I watched 'Hot Fuzz'. This is WAY COOL!!! IF you can't imagine how your parents, your lecturer, you primary school mandarin teacher or your Bree-VandeCam-like auntie next door will look like holding and rifle and FIRING it. This is a MUST watch for you.

It’s a little like Final Destination + Bad Boys + British’s Dry Humor. A lot of bloooood splattering everywhere, grotesque ways of dying, the myth of suburbans being dangerous, filled with underlying dark secrets. The whole thing with the reaper murderer outfits was kinda scary, coz been playing Theme Hospital (again) and the appearance of the reaper will sure to give my deaths in the hospital a great boost.

The small touches were hilarious. I have no idea why every scene reminds me of Beer (ie. Heineken’s) advertisements. Maybe it’s the soundtrack or camera angle. And my god… It’s really sexy with their British accent, minus the old man with his slurrrrry pronunciation. ‘Arse’… even that sound sexy… Arse.

Oh! There’s a really antic psycho-bitch scene near the end! It’s really pointless for the scene doesn’t add or minus much to the movie. Ohh!! And I forgot to mention that at some point of the movie, I’m actually waiting the guy to kiss Nicholas already! Queer theory…

And one last thing, Simon’s Pegg IS hotter than that Daniel Craig, and about Timothy Dalton, he just reminds me of ‘The Beautician and the Beast’, with the Russian leader lookalike. Police officer? My Arse..

*Yarpe* All in all, a good movie if you like real thriller, action, Harry Potter parody, this is great for you!

No comments: