Monday, October 1, 2007

Born in the Year of the Dragon.

Although the surge of adrenaline rushing last-minute works is a kind of high but what if I'm way past 'last-minute'?

Location: Computer Lab, Level 5, MU, M'sia.

Yup, doing my stuff in the computer lab... I still want to get something out of my mind.

That day I chatted with Kai Jian, my same aged genius neighbour in Ipoh whom I'm not exactly close with. Yes, there's been many people that my parents compared me with.

There's this Kai Jian, Jian Wei (both neighbours) and my dear cousin Si Ning and some other parents' friends' children around them, and believe me, there are many of them out there.

There's this thing being a chinese borned in the year of dragon. In my case, borned in the year of 1988. Though my dad's born in the year of dragon, his mom (my grandma) sent him to school a year earlier, so he doesn't have to compete with other people in his year.

I still haven't figure out WHY the year of the dragon?! It's not like it'll guarantee your child's success right? It's not like the year of the dragon will make your kids any more prestige. Stop being so freaking superstitious already!

Anyways, I chatted with Kai Jian. Our conversation didn't last more than 30 minutes actually. I have a way of making people misunderstand my words. Like I didn't take the trouble to think of stuffs matching its context before letting the words flow out of me.

DUMB right?!

I immediately gave him the idea that I'm asking for his result to compare. Like WHY WOULD I DO THAT?! I'm 100x worse than you ok... omg. I didn't know I gave him that impression of being so kiasu! I was just trying to communicate with him ok?!

I can't say that him being in Singapore has got to him (Singapore, the origins of Kiasu'ism) because I hardly know him before he left for Singapore at the age of 15 (I remember coz we were supposed to take PMR and I was jealous of his fortunate escape).

Do you think that I'm Kiasu? my dad just said the other day that I've lost my 'fighting spirit'. Do I even have it in the first place? Coz I haven't actually notice...

About the result comparing thing, I never hold grudge! unless I messed up and you rubbed it in my face then I'll freaking hate you.

No comments: