Sunday, November 11, 2007

Being The Bystander.

Location: B12.3a, Sunway.


After that chaotic experience yesterday, I never knew anyone, i mean ANYONE can be that ALONE in his/her entire life, period.

Just in case I'll offend anyone with this entry that i'm about to start writing, I just wanna say I did not take part in the demonstration but thinking back, I should've taken that invitation, at least by the end of the day, I did something meaningful that I feel proud of doing.

I call this the Sze Vien Disease... Camwhore In the Cab.

Anyhoo, I went to this place to attend something without knowing exactly who the chairpersons are, and yes, now i dearly regretted giving in to the REALLLLLLY annoying invitation by the elder. Like WTH !! She called like more than 10 times regarding this stupid issue in a period of 2 weeks... Even my mom find it really annoying.

And so, I went. I wanted to take a cab to KTM station, from there, I'll go to KL Central, then take an LRT to Dang Wangi to take a cab to THERE. After dolling up and decided to put my 3 inches high heels to the test. I woke up at 2pm that day. After spending about 35 minutes bathing, getting dressed and packing for a stayover, I didn't even think of taking anything before happily hopping on a cab to reach my destination.

ME in Cab Again.

When I was in the cab, I started thinking. Can I survive strolling around town with my heels and an at least 3kg paper bag of stuff? In a heartbeat, I made up my mind to go there by cab, even if it cost much much more than my initial plan.

It's as if some mythical power above and beyond telling me that I should'nt go. I should just turn back (even my pig told me not to go...) but NOOOOOO I have to have my stupid conscious that kept reminding me of my stupid promise to that elder and the other friend of mine... That demonstration thing totally slipped out of my mind and the result of that was all major trunk roads to town area was blocked by our very responsible police force which led to a MAJOR jam from Sunway to Federal.


Imagine... 45 minutes from Sunway to federal! Totally absurd!!

Even that pleasant and polite looking Malay uncle driving the cab was starting to boil from the inside, he reached a boiling point when he saw that 5-6 'mata' blocking 3/5 freaking lanes causing an unnecessary jam. The Malay Cabby shouted 'Idiot' and slammed his honks. Yes, I was taken aback but at the same time, I understand why he was this flared up. Imagine stucking in a jam which's going nowhere which an manual (geared) car!


After that things got smoother but the saga of Malaysian traffic didn't just end there. And coz of that, my supposedly 30 minutes journey turned into a 2 hours++ tour around KL. Before I reached my destination, I got my make up done and almost dozed off. 2 hours is suffice for me to reach Ipoh from Pudu.

Anyhoo, when I finally reached there, I felt all scared, alone and petrified all at the same time. Imagine that you are standing ALONE by the entrance of a hotel waiting for my friend to pick me up, with make up, with heels... Yup, looked like a hooker, a inferior hooker standing there ALONE. I still remember seeing these Ang Mos shooting each other glances while scanning me top to bottom doubtfully...


I know that I just made the stock of Malaysia's Prostitution Industry (MPI) dive down the ditch.
- btw, this inside joke was made by Ivan and Chee Kean, who were my friends, in that form 2 geography tuition lesson. When the teacher asked us to name some of the famous industries in Thailand... They immediately said Industri Pelacuran... -

Anywayss, one of the factor that I didn't have my brunch was coz I took Yen's idea of googling how to go THERE and from duno where I read that there's a Starbucks.


Pretty Gek Suan...

So, reached there at 5pm, hungry but fresh. Just in time duno for what ceremony thing. So I was like, ok, luckily I'm not late~ But never in a million years I'd realize that I'm the EARLIEST there, other than the organizing comm.

I was like.... FREAK. What am i supposed to do till the real function (that allegedly) begins at 7:30pm? Yes, I'd be lying if I say that I never thought of grabbing all my stuff and jumping on a cab to roll back to my very cozy cocoon which protects me from the outside world of humans NEVER cross my mind.

Well, no one said it would be easy to be a person who'll stand by her words. I decided to be the noble one (artly coz I can't find a solid reason to excuse myself. HEY, I did say PARTLY ok?) .
Pretty?

Everything happened vividly & suffering-ly SLOW... Minutes passed by what seemed like Millenniums. I feel so unblendable in some foreign land that I hid in the closet/ changing room for the VIP and pretend to be really ecstatic playing with someone else's' kids. Imagine. 1 year old still learning how to walk...


Finally, they started at the function at 8:00pm , which is punctual according to Chinese customs. Everything was ok and well until someone came up to change the our (the elder & my) seatings. Some may call it an upgrade. Suddenly being in some sorta spot that requires me to put on a smart and fake HAPPY smile made me so rigid and uncomfortable. This, of all all other seats around the whole freaking hall is the one I came to avoid!

Sometimes, dreams DON'T come true, miracles will back fire and shoot you in the chest.


Every second spent there, I died a little inside (besides feeling numb all around my checks and lips from all that artificial happiness...).
It reminded me of my A-Lvl's prom's experience.

Anyways, luckily I managed to coax someone to send me back. I could've swore that I'll go hysterically FAKE to strongly suppress that EXTREME loneliness caused by social pressure that were about to erupt if I would need to put up with ANYMORE of that... I don't belong there!!! Now I know!!! The Function was supposed to be really beautiful. WHY do people need to complicate stuff?


So, if there's something similar as such organized by them next time, I'll be the first to run in the opposite direction.

The only consolation was that I took some pictures before that camera's battery failed on me. He bailed on me...





p/s: Jing Yi, these pics big enough for you to drool over? =P

pp/s: This totally cracked me up!! Like it did last year...

Trapped in the Drive-Thru
by Weird Al Yankovic



Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVYki-oyQ


No comments: