Monday, March 31, 2008

Adidas: "Paint Your Own Shoes!" series

Location: in the Towers, Sunway.


I'm so behind in my work but I can't help but slack a little. It's true what they say, all work no play makes Jun cranky...

Anyways, here's something that I don't understand.

Introducing the Adidas Adicolor series~


So people pay about usd 79.00 - 135.00 to paint their own shoes? (Adidas Website)


What's next? Maybe tomorrow Zara will be selling rolls of expensive fabrics for their customer to make their own clothes...


Seriously, I don't remember those white Pallas shoes that my bro used to adore in his 'scouting' days cost that much... Inclusive of the money spent on a couple of Bunchos, it may cost up to about RM 30 (which is less than usd10)... summore can add glitter and glow in the dark stuff wor...

Those rich kooks is the raison d'etre that big brands like Nike and Addidas thrives (quickly runs to the shoe rack to keep my pair of Reeboks in the cupboard...)



p/s: I have to admit, there's some really artistic people out there who's really into this shoe painting thing. But really, would you dare to f up that (plus minus) RM 300 pair of Adidas WHITE shoes if you're not already pro at it? I remember Yen mentioning about her friends getting their white Pallas professionally done in Sungei Wang for only about RM 100+. Though the price's obviously been marked-up, it's still oh-so-much cheaper lor...

People, remember. When the buying stops, the selling will too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea !! Now I can make and customize my own favorite colored adidas shoes.

Anonymous said...

where can i find a pair of these?!

Elliott Broidy said...

Awesome idea.