Thursday, March 13, 2008

Enh's a headache.

Location: Library, MU.

omg... Think I've been getting these occasional headaches since schoool starts coz of my irregular bed times... should learn from Cynthia... discipline life and all... but uniformity is not for me. I know it...

Anyways, I tried to join all these different tute classes before settling in the ones I like. I only took 4 subjects, which means that I only have 4 tutes to join (duh...).

I planned to go to this morning's ENH class at 9-11. After a 2 hours break, there's this JRN class followed by a INT class from 3-5 and THAT was the plan that was supposed to conclude my classes for this week.

But I just have to see this guy/gal from xsocam, Goku to online.

What's so special about him/her?

I've been tracking down the person who has the 3 seasons of 8 Simple Rules for WEEKS now and the wait's really tormenting me. I actually studied a bit during the search and now that I've got 'em, it's like payback. I watched the whole of Season 2 yesterday.

URGHHH... I hate myself... I hate my love for comedy...

So naturally, having stayed up late for 8 Simple Rules, I missed today's first tute at 9-11... and there goes my plan of waking up late tomorrow. See the domino's effect happening here?

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Anyways, I thought today was Helen, my housemate's Bday but it turned out to be tomorrow.

Oppss...

Since her bro/sis's gona celebrate it with her on tomorrow's dinner, I'm gona pre-book her for either dinner today or lunch tomorrow. See when that princess's free la.

Wai Tsin's Bday's on Sat. Sadly she'll be working long hours (plus OT), her break's gona be from 3pm-6pm -- not too long.

So, gona go to Genting on Sat afternoon and come back in time to have dinner with my family... Coz mom and dad's gona visit me after their meetings.

At times like these, really wish I could fly or maybe I could be something like Hiro from Heroes... but Hiro's a guy. Well, nothing's perfect I guess....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On a different topic, today's ENH was really eye-opening, so was the classes before today's.

We put authorial criticism into practical real use and THAT was really something~ I was sitting beside this girl, Tanya (yes yes, reminds you of that girl from Red Alert 1 right? If yes, dude, seriously, you're old...). We went through the same classes for first year but didn't actually crosses path.

She's a year younger than me but her knowledge on poems, mythical creature and stuff really impressed me. I'm not into all these works from the Romantic period... and as you can see, ENH's been a struggle for me from the beginning. The literary and non-literary interpretations of the poem in just mind boggling.

Anyways, our really hip and modern lecturer (who uses foundation, or so he says) Dr. Andrew gave us 20 minutes to discuss among ourselves to come up with something using authorial criticism. After a torturing 20 minutes of endless guessing and coming up with bizarre ideas to decipher Keat's an Ode to a Nightingale (we even said that he wanted to suicide and was cheated by a gal... or something like that) Andrew's view after applying the theory through Shelley's essay left me dumbfounded.

I was Like.. WHOA... I felt so intrigued about the views presented by Andrew and how Keats perceived himself. Just like how Bridget sees herself in 8 Simple Rules, Keats and all the poets from the romantic era see themselves as such high beings whose ranks/status are synonym to those ancient authors like Socrates, saints like Ruth...

But... you are only human...

This kinda reminds me of what John Maynard Keynes, though unrelated to this issue, it reflects the fragility of human race on the whole.

"There is no long run. In the long run, we all die".

And that, is true.





p/s: I'm really hungry now... stomach's growling and all that crap. Yes. Real hungry... waiting for Helen's class to end. waiting... waiting for the world to change... lol... so random.

No comments: