Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Origins of My Most Loyal Friend, Fatty Tissue.

Location: Condo, Sunway.

As you know, my weight has been a problem to me since I can remember. I have this awesome nanny that I used to stay with for the first 3 years of my life, until my parents think I'm old enough to bring me home.

Home. I used to call nanny's house my home, instead of that foreign building where my mommy, daddy and bro stayed, since bro was born.

Naturally, my nanny and I developed this special bond, kinda like a mother-daughter thing coz she only have a daughter of her own (and I'm born adorable and irresistibly likable... ahem).

Yes, she loves me and all, but she's also the one who really pampered me, spoil me and treated me like a princess. Imagine, a newborn drinking a bottle of milk coupled with a bowl of baby cereal (probably about 1 litre for every meal?) AND the frequent treats like chocolates, chinese herbal tea during the evenings, not forgetting supper at night.

According to mom, that's why I was so HUGE when I was a baby.

Mom strapped me on a strict NO-TIDBITS diet. No junk food (yes, to her, choc's a kinda junk food), no supper, no treaties between meals, etc. There's still the occasional tea break but she tried to keep it to the minimum.

At that time, I wasn't that smart yet. I cried, nagged and caused scenes everywhere. It was until I got into primary school when mommy started to give me pocket money to buy stuff from school. Already, I can't buy any normal sized primary school uniforms (the dark blue dress-like pinaform?). Luckily, the ladies from my gram's family know how to sew, my god mom especially (mom's 3rd sis) was and still is a pretty good tailor...

Inexorably, I used the money to buy tidbits in school instead of eating normal, boring, tasteless but healthy food.

Needless to say, things started to build from there. Even with my weight, I represented my class in sports day in both, primary and secondary school. Didn't win but still happy to shock all these teachers who laughed at my weight... hehe...

From Apollo chocolate biscuits and Choco chocolate in a stick to Cottage Fries BBQ flavor and Kettle (I like the one with the yellow packing most, second goes to the one with the green packing... It's yogurt I think), I still can't blame anyone for falling in LOVE with McKiddies and having a sweet tooth. Those are really unhealthy but I seriously cannot imagine my life without having tidbits.


TELL ME, how to rid of these bad habits?!

No comments: