Sunday, March 9, 2008

9 March 2008.

Location: the ivory towers, Sunway.


Today's the 9th of March 2008, aka the aftermath of Malaysia's 12th general election. Though yesterday was International Women's day, all the attention was placed on the progress of polling while women's issue was nothing more than being used by candidates as baits to fish women's votes.


I woke up feeling like Christmas today.

Turned on the tv and *blank*. The electricity's out. Smart condo management, people.

Anyways, there's this talk about riots and rallies etc happening around the nation today. This suspicion arisen among the public coz there's been a little but evident shift in M'sia's political landscape... Though it may be small, it created a tsunami in Malaysia's political sector.


I'm really curious and can't wait to see what lies ahead, what will change...

Especially what will happen in my hometown, Ipoh.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


On a totally different topic here. I watched American History X yesterday. In short, it's a great movie.


It's partly due to Edward Norton's extremely convincing acting skill; other than that, I feel that people today can relate to the idea behind this movie made in 1998, about 10 years ago.


It so happened that I have the privileged of being forced into studying about WW1 in my first sem. To know about fascism and all these awesome epochs (cruel it might seem, but you still can't deny the fact these thoughts of grandeur were magnificent) that defined the world we're living in now...


In a way, I understand this movie the way I understood it and i can't help but think, what if some random Malaysian were to take this fascist idea a little too far, this can happen on our soil too... Gangsters, Activists, Mat Rempit gone wild... take your pick.


All in all, it's true that "hate's a baggage, life's too short to be pissed off all the time".


So Asshole, I forgive you.

For now.

No comments: