Friday, March 7, 2008

15 Days

Location: some computer lab in Building 9, MU.

I wanted to write an entry about how i survived Monash's second sem's first 2 weeks without any wear and tear... but my mood's beyond bad at this particular moment.

What happened?

Do you believe that when something goes wrong at the beginning of the day, the whole freaking day will be ruined?

Even if you don't believe it, there's theories and philosophies written about it actually. For starters, there's Murphy's Law according to this law, when something can go wrong, it will.

And it did.

And it's human error.

And that human is me.

I learnt a really cool quote that day in INT's tute. Julian gave us these questions that are supposed to spark some really HOT group discussions that are supposed to NOT be boring...

So here's how it goes...

Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
John F. Kennedy
35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

According to Julian, this quote was allegedly spoken by Kennedy towards the Americans during the Cold War. His interpretation was that JFK directed this line to the Americans because he felt that this war's dragging on too long and they should come to an agreement with the USSR while at that time, all the people think there's impossible to find a solution to this Cold War... yida-yada...

My point is to say that it's my fault to sleep to early the night before, to wake up at 5 in the morning... To do all these tedious self maintenance things... To take a nap at 8am... and woke up 5 hours later.

Yup, really guilty to choke on my words. I've been trying to change...

Anyways, guess you caught my drift... everything went downhill ever since. And I have myself to blame.

---Trying to light up the mood ---

ANYHOO, the first 2 weeks in Monash's pretty smooth.

This is not solely because almost all the assignments will be due in April and that sem break's a week away (24 march - 30 march) which, in other words, is a month since school starts. Yea... Monash's really lenient and they DO make sure that students here well-rested.

Sweat...

I am trying to keep a schedule of reading/studying at least some thing at night before I sleep. It's been coming really well, about 4 days now, though it's still really early to say anything more than that. I don't have the patience to live a planned live. I like discourses, I like irregularities, not uniformity.

And lately, I've been cutting down on my snacks... well, been trying anyway.

Yet weekends post as a threat to me. I sleep late, wake up during the evenings, I spend more time watching dramas and anything that I haven't seen before, I eat loads of tidbits when I watch dramas... So it's a vicious cycle of self indulgence for me, not to mention self destruction.

Haiz, that what poor self discipline can do to you, me.

I really hope I won't waste this sem away like I did 2 sems ago...

cross your fingers and wish me luck...

No comments: