Thursday, March 6, 2008

Location: in my ivory tower, Sunway.

This was what I wrote in my cell when I was on the way to Teluk Intan during the eve of CNY to have that annual reunion dinner. So here goes...

About 20 minutes since we took off from our house, as usual... I was about to doze off driving past the mellow kampung scenery. All the cows and paddy fields are not so much of a norm in Ipoh. I've past by this road for how many umpteen times now seeing that I'm currently 20y/o.

This year is different, firstly coz it's the first CNY that bro's not here to join us in our annual CNY trip to Teluk Intan, daddy's hometown.

Listening to Tegan and Sara's songs, it suddenly dawned on me that this might be the last CNY trip there before taking a break to study in Oz next year.Though it might just be a year of studying abroad, it's still considered as skipping those (tedious) visitings (of daddy's old relatives & family friends)...

CNY visiting used to carry a different agenda. We used to stay in Teluk Intan for 2 days... and boy that was SOME experience. Living in a place infested with mosquitoes and being way too young for local (very scarce) night life., naturally it's not our favourite tie spot to spend this auspicious festival.

While trying to suppress the nauseousness result of the bumpy and windy road to south of Perak, I feel bad about having to skip this tradition.

CNY = Teluk Intan for us.

I don't wish this change in the near future. I need my family... I wanna be a part of my family.

Anyhoo, I guess what I wanna say is that... this is my CNY and I think this will make me treasure my time here more...

So, Happy CNY to Ya'll.

p/s: It's raining now. Gona be pouring soon. Has the sky read what I wrote?

No comments: