Saturday, December 20, 2008

Postage from Beijing (1)

Location: JinQiao International Garden... Yup... in Beijing~

This is so cool... I mean literally. The Weather here's FREEZING. Weather forecast mentioned that today's weather is around -6 to 3 degrees Celsius. That's not the worst part. The tourist guide, xiao jia (third pronunciation) told us just now that tomorrow's temperature's gona be between -10~ish to -3 degrees Celsius.

-3 degrees Celsius, which is supposedly the highest estimated temperature for tomorrow is freaking colder than my refrigerator at home.

First thing's first, YESHHH, I'm in Beijing now with my family... in this little 5 star apartment =) The bus took off from Ipoh at 6pm and reached KLIA at around 10pm. The plane started the journey at around 12:40am and safely touched down in Beijing Capital International Airport at 6:33am.

This was my first time boarding MAS's air bus but i'm not sure that I like it. Prefer B787 =P The service's not that good and to make matters worse... there's NO CUTE AIR STEWARDS!

Joke aside, i was really surprised seeing that MAS used to have this high standards that earned them their reputation. Darn competition!!

Anyhoo, I finally went to the Forbidden City! Our group's really lucky coz we get to actually go into the Forbidden City. According to mom & dad, they didn't get to do that when they visited Beijing a few years back but only hang around in Tian An Men Square.

Hmm, so what if I've forgotten the whole commotion about the Tian An Men Square protest thing and that led to an international embargo towards China and that I've mistaken Chairman Mao Tze Tong to Deng Xiao Ping... (my bro's using that stare of his, trying to kill this idiotic me with his deadly gaze now). I've never felt so NON-Chinese in my entire life... walking among all these bona fide chinese, from China.

Then, I HAD to ask the question that's been bugging me since March 2006 in SAM economic class, when Mrs Goh taught us about MNC...

Where IS that allegedly controversial Starbucks that caused havocs among the locals and strained the not-so-smooth relationship between the US and China?

ANd yup, I knew the exact location~

Me... happy =)

So, heard we're conquering the Great Wall tomorrow... Wish us Luck~


p/s: Xiao Jia also told us that it MIGHT snow tonight... just might...
*I'm dreaming of a white Christmas~*

No comments: