Thursday, June 3, 2010

All the World's a Stage

Time: 1:06pm
Date: 3 June 2010
Location: Comp Lab, Basement of Menzies.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,

... and it couldn't be truer.

I'm currently stuck at a stage/scene where I'm 'seeking the bubble of reputation', honor and all that crap... that requires me to play the part of a responsible student... But the essence of the actress behind the mask, wig, costume caught up.

come to think of it, Shakespeare's poem can be analysed from a very Marxist POV. like... everyone's the same, everyone's an actor on the same stage. everyone, none special, have to dance and prance on the stage, none can escape. like it or not, you have a role to play, the role that has been played countless times in the past. at the end of the day, you're just an actor, playing your part in a big production. you're just a dot in the big picture.

... yes, evidently my abstinence from Facebook did a number on me.

My mind plunged into the depths of philosophical theories, pondering the fundamental purpose of life.

... help...

No comments: