Monday, April 11, 2011

7 months =)

Time: 5:41pm
Date: 11 April, 2011
Location: My Quarters in Marshyland =)

I realize that my parents can be a little dismissive sometimes of the complains I have... but for good reasons. Kids need to know some times things may seem like a humongous inconvenience
(obstacle) at the moment, years from then, it may just be another small dried cranberries in another hundreds of packets of trail mix in Coles.

*weird analogy I know. Been hooked on these babies ever since... and mixed dry roasted nuts pack! 2 delicious packets of goodness*

Well maybe dismissive might have been an inap
propriate adjective for their actions, it'll come to me (hopefully) by the end of this post. When I was younger, I was as accident prone as I am today. Just last week, I would come back from some where with bruises on my legs or something, without any recollection of falling down or knocking myself against any hard surfaces.

Anyway, my less than overbearing mom will normally pick me up when I fall down, inspect the bruise and brush/blow, as if to symbolically clean the bruises. Look at me, and say "see, nothing la" to me with a smiling face. After than she would hold my hand, and move on, acting like that incident didn't happen at all.

I think it's not because she couldn't care less. I think, she was just teaching me that if you fall down, you'll tend to feel less painful if you don't dwell on the bruises and pick on your wounds. My parents have always been wise like that...


Now, you took over the job of nagging/motivating me for the past few months... It felt really good to be appreciated.. It'll be 7 months of naggings, meals, outings, hanging out, skyping, cycling, studying and the wacky things we did together tomorrow... **All these while I keep thinking that it's our 6th monthiversary but clearly my inadequate knowledge in the application of simple math is not serving me well**


Thanks for all the love and support, and for being who you are... =)

No comments: