Friday, September 21, 2007

Lies... I Think I Lost My Mojo.

Location: B12.3A, Sunway, Malaysia.



Have you ever wondered what you've changed comparing the now-elegant/macho-smart self to your primitively ugly form about 10-20 years ago?

For me, I've evolved indeed. My prime was in Form 3-5. Boy how time flies...


Anyway, the issue is I think this highly mediated world, couple with the factor that I'm staying in this glorious countries, which encourages spoon-feeding educational system.


Blue Pills.

Like Betty Curse's "The Look on Tony's Face", "We're a race of magazines, hoola-hoops and beauty queens". It's like we're SO engrossed in this CODE thing, trying or rather being brainwash to fit in into this world.

Everybody Lies.

No offense but there are tons of examples out there like Einstein, he's not much of a normal social and mediated person and he became so successful. It's not like there's no other media in his era, like radio and 'zines' (McLaughlin, n.d., pp. 52-76). And what about Bill Gates? He dropped out of school, got really geeky (no offense) and see where he is now? There's HP, Dell and hell even Johnny Depp looked really anti-social.
But some went with the flow, by manipulating people's fragile minds, they made something our of themselves. Like many many many politicians out there who basically thrives on lies and Disney channel. For crying out loud, everyone knows true love is dead. Although Kim Possible is totally cool and all, it is just impossible for any sparks to even exist between her and Ron Stoppable.
The Ancient Symbol Representing Liars.

Anyways, the point I'm putting forward is I've changed from a little innocent master of LIES into a dumb soon-to-be adult who always come up with unconvincing excuses! And that's not cute anymore. I'm way too old for Cosby's 'Kid's Say the Darnest Things'. I think that show's really crap. But hey, it works for millions of parents out there and made Cosby rich. I don't mind that at all.

Anti-Government Stuff. *Yawn*
Cool Montage Though

Just yesterday, I was confronted by a lecturer who's kind enough to ask me to see him to explain why I hand in the assignments way late. I HAD to bring my bro into the conversation when I have a WAY BETTER reason! Which is both true. It's just a matter of preference and stupid quick judgment. Between the sad teary Goiter story I just had to say the less convincing story!


Liar, Liar Pants on Fire.

I'm dumb I tell you. I feel like smacking myself after the words just flowed out of my stupid mouth without going through my brain. Like those people taking the alternative routes to KL avoiding tolls.

I remember that I used to be this really innocent looking conniving little brat in the older days. I got plenty of practices at home but mom, dad and bro always manage to see through my web of lies.

Revenge?

I was so promising when I went to secondary school. I lied A LOT and the teachers believed me and hence, many things came my way. Hey, lying is hard work ok? It's not much of a struggle between my conscience and morality, it's more of the variety of lies that I have to come up with. All those practices from my very warm and cozy home paid off well then.

And so I came to the university. Something bad happened. I think I'm getting more and more honest. It's like the honesty cells in me is finally trying to take over my body or maybe I just caught some truth-blabbing bacterial from the society today.

What is worse than a house of Cards?
A Burning House of Cards.

It's NOT good to always tell the truth. I'm still very capable of little white lies, just not the major ones like complimenting when I strongly disagree, I just simply divert the attention and NOT answer questions like that. Sometimes I accidentally did it too unsubtly and that normally triggers a larger series of negative reactions.

And another thing is that I lost my excellent judgmental skills and always shooting everything other than the bullseye. I suck in summarizing stuff. Like during the secondary school time, I did all the English and Malay summaries by remembering the format and not actually understanding the meaning behind the long winded essay.

Hope They Taught Me That in School.

And see where it got me today. I'm still putting the blame on today's educational system and those no good after school specials. FeIt made me do stuff not because I wanted to but because that's what I'm taught to do.

I reacted like I'm supposed to, like I'm programmed to. And that alone made me look more of a robot compared to Bender from Futurama.


I *Heart* Bender.




p/s: you wouldn't believe how many pictures that people created to show that 'Bush Lies' when I typed 'Lies' on google image. LoL, I feel that imagined community theory reiterated so many times by the lecturers in the uni FIRST HAND. Internet is cool.

No comments: