Friday, October 26, 2007

if we have this today, would we all be nude in the future?


Sure, sure, they are rich now coz everyone's buying their lingerie but boy would Victoria's Secret go out of business in the near future...


Location: B12.3A,3, Sunway.


I still remember a simpler time when people wear underwear on the inside and make jokes like "Do you wanna be Superman or Spiderman? Just Wear Your Undies on the Outside!" Then we'll be greeted by waves of laughter... I just feel sad that my children, my grandchildren, my great grandchildren etc. won't be able to understand my lame jokes anymore. That's all I am, I'm made up of lame jokes. To paraphrase myself, without lame jokes, I'm nothing.

So here's the deal from New York Times,


Now It’s Nobody’s Secret
Published: October 25, 2007

Lingerie items have become “display pieces,” said Stephanie Solomon, the fashion director of Bloomingdale’s. Corsets, slips, panties and camisoles are as extravagant in their design, and as coveted, as Louboutin platforms or a YSL tote.


Christian Dior for spring 2008;

Lingerie’s cachet as a sexy, emphatically visible component of a woman’s outfit has contributed to rising sales. According to NPD Group, the market research firm, sales of bras, panties, slips, corsets and even old-school relics like garter belts, climbed to $10.6 billion for the 12-month period ending in July, a 10 percent jump over the previous 12 months. Clearly, the category known quaintly as intimate apparel has climbed to the top of women’s shopping lists.


Louis Vuitton for spring 2008;

“What is really driving the growth of the business,” said Marshal Cohen, the chief retail analyst of NPD, “is that showing off your lingerie has become very much a fashion trend.


Marc Jacobs model in 2007.

To women of all ages, visible skivvies are all but scandal proof.

Click to read more


Anyways, I know I always talk about my love for British stuff like their sexy accent and majestic architectures. Then I stumble upon Kate Nash. (I used to like Lily Allen but recently realise that I feel headache whenever I listen to her songs, like real headache, not speaking figurative here.)




About Kate Nash, I find her accent to be really funny! Unlike smooth double '0' Seven's accent, her Irish-ish slang is funny. This song totally accentuated the weirdness (imo) in her choppy pronunciation. I find it really interesting and amusing. I like her voice though. Maybe that's why I feel so happy and relaxed after listening to her songs.


(this is not the live version, clearer)



Oh, This Song - LDN is a Victim -- Parody of Kate Nash's awful awful Caroline's a Victim -- (allegedly) aggravated Lily Allen and that she 'lambasted the guy who wrote/created this song'. Hmm, I don't get it.



Well, what do i know, I'm just a Malaysian.

No comments: