Friday, November 23, 2007

OH MY GAWD

Location: Bro's Room, Ipoh.


Yes. It's like in my system to have the gene to fuck a simple thing up.

Here I stood stripped off and drowned in embarrassment and I only have MYSELF to blame!!

Though it's very normal for girls my age to do what I did but what I'm so angry is that THEY don't have the right to pry and invade my privacy!! Some may take this as a public matter but I'm not one of them!

My blood literally ran cold at that moment I came to my senses. Sitting bewildered with red veins straining out of my eyeballs to confirm what I saw... I SO CAN'T believe I lived to see this DAY.

So, is killing other people still illegal in Malaysia? lol... joking la...



-------------------- INTERMISSION --------------------



Anyway earlier that day, i came back from the ISC at 3pm to an empty house (no offense Ah Pi...) and after watching Tyra Banks' True Hollywood Story and having a deeper sense of respect to that one hell of a woman, I decided to embark on a quest to find out what Fruedian's ALLLL about!

I grabbed my keys, took my backpack packed with a bottle of water, Vaseline, tissue paper and my purse, wore my lovely pink socks with my sport shoes and Off I went, I drove my Bro's car to the Perak State Library and yes, looked very chio (aka state of the art) right?


With that all not-so-high-tech CGI and veli veli good camera man to take and edit the pic, let's just put it this way, it's like the middle of an oasis and mirage, where it's not as sparky as the mirage promised it to be.

Anyhoo, figurative BS aside, I parked my car in front of the entrance and marched in with my mp4 in my hand to look for a directory of books in the library. I haven't been in this library since SPM 2 years ago, and no, it still looked the same, minus the renovation noises and the sight of chatters of students 'socializing' in the library. If I didn't know better, I'd thought some soliciting was happening there...

Maybe I got too used to the very systematic categorization of books in Monash's Library, I was actually surprised to find that there are NO technical directory anywhere in the Perak State Library.


The whole thing went like this:

(hmm,.. Where to start? got 3 levels lerr... can die la if wanna find it myself)
Me: hi, sel'mat petang. sorry ya, I nak cari buku Freud, Sigmund Freud.
Lady Librarian: (browsed me from head to toe and answered reluctantly) katogori mana?
Me: Er... Psychology...
LL: nombor 150.
Me: huh??
LL: semua buku yang ade nombor 150 ni.
(still not a clue what gibberish she spoke, I tried to make sense of it)
Me: So buku 150 kat tingkat yang mana?
LL: U cari sendiri la. Tingkat 2 dan tingkat 1 pun ada.
(OK, seriously dude, not much help here. got 3 floors you tell me to look for it in 2 floors??!!)
Me: takkan ada directory yang tulis kat mana buku-buku psychology ni letak?
(She stared at me like I'm speaking Akkala Sami or Mochica)
Me: er... macam sistem yang diguna untuk cari location buku?
(again, that confused bewildered stare like i've said the most ridiculous thing ever)

-the fruitless conversation went on about 30 seconds and I decided that it's really going nowhere-
Me: Err... thank you ya..

So, I stumbled and strolled around the racks of the 1st and 2nd floor feeling like an intellectual myself, I saw a few psychology book. When I say a 'FEW' I meant the 15, not more than 20 books regarding psychology... Freud was nowhere in sight but lucky for me, Foucault was in the building. Well I can't resist since it was the next best thing. I flipped through some interesting parts regarding critical theory ending up with a pile of unidentified 5 (or more) syllabled words and still not understanding what the heck Foucault was trying to say in that particular chapter.

First he said he's not into Nietzsche (see, it was mentioned so many times that I know how to spell but not how to read) but clearly he's deeply influenced by it, he does not really agree with Freud and Marx, but he's trying to strike a balance between the 3 ideologies... or something like that. I feel like I'm trying to patch up a scattered puzzle... I thought Foucault was all about critical theory... then I see names like Hegel and Kant and many others which eventually jumbled up into a cloud of blur in my obviously rusty brain...

*scratch head and drool like an idiot*

Think you'll be seeing more of me in the library in the near, very near future until I lose my interest and begin to obsess on something else... yes, beware, the blur girl will strike again...

No comments: